We appreciate the generous support of Houston’s business community. With your help, we can continue to provide healthy habitat to millions of migrating and resident birds, offer world-class birding experiences for people from around the world, and deliver meaningful outreach and education programming to thousands of local children and adults.
As an Accredited Land Trust, we are committed to the highest standards in permanent land conservation. We want to ensure the 3,400+ acres of wetlands, prairie and coastal woodlots within our sanctuary system remain vital refuges for wildlife and our urban sanctuaries remain community assets that connect people to nature for generations to come.
Partnering with Houston Audubon can have a lasting impact. Here are six areas where we can tailor a program for your company to get involved. Contact us for more information or if you have any questions.
Recognizing the generous support of our current corporate partners.
Photos of community service projects and team-building days.
Get more information or get started being a corporate partner.
Join Houston Audubon for your next community service project or team-building day. We offer private and community volunteer workdays at both our urban and coastal sanctuaries.
- Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary (in West Houston on Memorial Drive)
- Sims Bayou Urban Nature Center (in South Houston off I45 near Park Place)
- High Island Bird Sanctuaries (in High Island, Texas)
- Bolivar Flats Shorebird Sanctuary (on Bolivar Peninsula, 3.7 miles from the Ferry Landing)
Support Houston Audubon by sponsoring one of our adoption programs.
- Adopt a Coastal Sanctuary
- Adopt the Natives Nursery at Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary
- Adopt an Urban Sanctuary
Outreach and Education
Partner with Houston Audubon in delivering unique outreach and education programs to schools, libraries, civic organizations, scout groups, memory care facilities, hospitals, senior residences, parks and other groups.
- Sponsor Bird Tales programming at a memory care/Alzheimer’s community
- Sponsor Title 1 school bus trips or 1-hour classroom programs
- Adopt-a-Bird – care for our eight Educational Raptor Ambassadors
Team up with Houston Audubon to maintain public access to our bird sanctuaries with these infrastructure projects. Naming opportunities are available.
- Building bridges and boardwalks
- Adding caliche rock to parking lots
- Excavating ponds
- Constructing new viewing platforms at the Rookeries in High Island
Event Sponsorship and Membership
Sponsorship and membership are both great ways to support Houston Audubon and receive recognition at the same time.
- Annual Gala
- The Naturalist (print newsletter)
- Speaker Events
- Special Events
- Corporate Leadership Membership
- Corporate Membership
General support allows Houston Audubon to continue advancing the following three mission-focused strategies:
- Inspiring Awareness, Appreciation and Action
- Creating Bird-Friendly Communities
- Protecting Priority Bird Habitats
General support also helps ensure that Houston Audubon has the resources to maintain its offices and staff, and respond to the community’s bird and wildlife-related inquiries.
Please contact us if you are interested in becoming a corporate partner. You can use the form below or contact Julie Gold, Corporate Relations Director. Phone: 281-888-1768, email: email@example.com.