Houston Audubon is launching its inaugural Young Professionals Advisory Council (YPAC). The goal of the YPAC is to engage the next generation of conservationists and to build awareness of Houston Audubon’s mission among young professionals. YPAC members have the chance to make a significant impact in the world of bird conservation and play an important role in enhancing wildlife habitat.
About Houston Audubon
Houston Audubon, founded in 1969, is a nonprofit charitable conservation organization committed to enhancing life on the Upper Texas Coast for birds and people. It is dedicated to advancing the conservation of birds and positively impacting their environments through habitat conservation, environmental education, and conservation advocacy. Houston Audubon owns and manages 17 sanctuaries in five counties totaling 3,474 acres. It delivers hundreds of nature-based program experiences for children and adults every year. With 2019 being Houston Audubon’s 50th anniversary, we will be celebrating with more events, several large-scale projects, and the implementation of the Young Professionals Advisory Council.
The time commitment for this membership is 12 months, consisting of four quarterly meetings and any additional socials or desired volunteer time with Houston Audubon.
The ideal candidate is:
- 25-35 years old and active in the professional and/or academic community
- A strong leader eager to make an impact in the world of conservation
- Committed to volunteering their time, abilities and energy to support Houston Audubon
- Energetic and productive
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend 4 quarterly meetings and optional socials
- Provide time and talent to Houston Audubon in an advisory role
- Assist Houston Audubon in its efforts to strengthen its recruitment and retention of young professional supporters by engaging the next generation of conservationists
- Collaborate with other YPAC members to complete a conservation project aligned with Houston Audubon’s goals
- Serve as an enthusiastic advocate for Houston Audubon and network on behalf of the organization
- The opportunity to collaborate and socialize with like-minded young professionals
- Build leadership skills and personal development
- The chance to give back to your community and make a positive impact on the natural environment
- The fulfillment of completing a team conservation project with other YPAC members
2019 Meeting Dates
- January 17, 2019 – kick-off social
- February 7, 2019
- May 2, 2019
- August 1, 2019
- November 7, 2019
- Optional socials to be scheduled
To apply for this volunteer role, please submit the following documents to Anna Vallery and Zineera Seth at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2018.
Fill in the online form or download a Word document.
1 reference or letter of recommendation (can be informal)
Upload with the online form or send via email.