Edith Moore Policies and Permits
- Privately owned and managed by the Houston Audubon Society. We welcome your donations!
- Open 365 days a year - Gates open at 7 AM and close at 7 PM (9 PM in summer).
- The Log Cabin is open for scheduled programming only. The cabin is open to the public during our monthly 4th Saturday in Nature program.
- Boardwalks may be slippery when wet.
- Beware of venomous snakes, mosquitoes, fire ants, poison ivy and armadillo burrows.
- Your generous donation helps to preserve the sanctuary for the birds and for our future.
- Group Visits: All groups (*defined as larger than 7 persons) must pre-register by sending your request to email@example.com.
Policies and Permits
Because this is a wildlife sanctuary, we ask you to observe the following rules.
Respect all wildlife
You are the visitor – This is their home
Respect the peace
Be considerate of other sanctuary visitors
Leave nature as you found it
No harming or collecting or introduction of plants or animals
Pack out everything you pack in
Leave no waste
Stay on marked trails
Walking only - Creek & pond access limited to staff-supervised programming
Use of laser pointers is prohibited at all Houston Audubon sanctuaries
No pishing or use of playback devices unless special permission is obtained
Firearms are not permitted on the grounds
No smoking or alcohol consumption
Must be an active Houston Audubon member. Dogs must remain on leash and wear their Houston Audubon leash sleeve at all times. Click the link above to register online.
Nature photography is encouraged.
Click the link above to register online for Portrait Photography.
Note that all portrait photographers (amateur or professional) must pre-register and pay Houston Audubon a permit fee to take posed portraits of individuals or groups on our grounds.
Contact Bethany Foshée, Edith Moore Sanctuary Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.