Over 100 hard-working volunteers participated in the Hurricane Harvey recovery workday at Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary on Saturday, September 23, 2017.
Click here to see a photo gallery of the people that made this event such a success. We truly appreciate all your efforts.
There were morning and afternoon shifts. Here is a list showing how the work was organized.
Project Teams & Leaders
1. Demo Boardwalk 5 - Leads: Frank Perkins, Wes Tidwell
2. Demo Don Gray Overlook - Lead: Jason Rainoseck
3. Demo Bridge 4 - Leads: Don Gray & Chris Evers
4. Demo Bridge 11 overlook - Lead: Karen Hoffman (& Don Gray after project 4 complete)
5. Demo Bridge 12 - Lead: Elveda Kruse (& Chris Evers after project 4 complete)
6. Repair Bridge 11/Replace Abutments/Decking - Lead: Harlan Evans
7. Dumpster Organization/Packing - Lead: Brad Moore
8. Trail Pruning & Boardwalk Scrubbing/Sweeping - Lead: Tom Greer
9. Recycled Lumber Hauling & Lumber Shed Organizing (Big Bridge, Bridge 5) - Lead: Stefanie Jewel
10. Re-sink Midway Crossing Boardwalk - Lead: Jack Klander
11. Cut new temporary trails along Bridge 5 & Midway Crossing - Lead: Ryan Monjaras
12. Bumpy Trail Team - sweep/scrape/scrub/collect litter/mulch/reset cribbing walls & stone steps & railings - Leads: Nichol & Nick Chambers & Grotto
13. Mulching Team - focus on Bumpy Trail, cabin area and Winding/McGarver Trails - Leads: Ranger, Les, LeeAnn
14. Litter/Debris Team - comb sanctuary for litter & storm debris; bag litter & scatter organic debris & block overlooks - Leads: Jennifer Lezak & Minerva Espinoza
15. Animal Care Team - Leads: Lilya Gehman & Tapan Patni
16. Gardens Team - Lead: Sheryl Marquez
17. Nursery Team: Plant Move Out for Order - Lead: Tom Olson
18. Essential Oils/Cabin - Lead: Michaele Griffith
19. Cabin/Home Base - Lead: Juanita Perkins
20. Rover - Bethany Foshée