Photography Tours with Kathy Adams Clark
Kathy Adams Clark is an accomplished naturalist as well as a photographer. She is skilled in all makes of digital cameras. Kathy's work has been published in a variety of national and regional publications including National Geographic Books, The New York Times, and Sierra. Kathy teaches over 50 photography workshops and classes each year. See photos from previous trips at www.kathyadamsclark.com. A lifelong naturalist, Gary Clark has studied wildlife throughout the world. He is an award-winning professional writer and has authored several books which include photographs from his wife, Kathy. To find out more about our tour leaders, please visit their biography on the Strabo website.
Note: Houston Audubon will receive a donation from Strabo Tours for these trips if you let them know you are signing up through Houston Audubon.
- Dates: March 8-16, 2019
- Estimated Pricing: $4195 plus airfare
- Guided by a Costa Rican naturalist, Professional Photo Leader Kathy Adams Clark and Naturalist Gary Clark.
- Photographic locations filled with hummingbirds, reptiles, and tropical blooms.
- All meals included in land cost. Tour limited to twelve participants.
- Visit the La Selva Biological Station and Eco Observatory in Sarapqui.
- Accommodations known for their bird feeders, hummingbirds, and gardens.
- Savegre region, renown by birders around the world in search of the Resplendent Quetzal.
- Dates: June 8-18, 2019
- Estimated Pricing: $3495 plus airfare
- 10 days with accomplished photo tour leader Kathy Adams Clark.
- Photograph the quiet side of Ireland ~ County Mayo. Tour limited to 12 passengers.
- New accommodations: hotel and spa walking distance to center of Westport with lively traditional Irish music sessions each evening.
- Everyone now has en suite accommodations, with beautiful waterfront rooms.
- Experience Western Ireland while spending the majority of your evenings in one accommodation.
- Relaxed & flexible itinerary to make the most of the opportunities that come your way.
- Dates: September 22-30, 2019
- Estimated Pricing: $5595 plus airfare
- Eight days with accomplished photographer and tour leader Kathy Adams Clark.
- Tour limited to 11 passengers.
- Experience the diverse landscape of Norway with fellow photographers.
- Jagged mountains, grand vistas, colorful fjords, and soaring eagles.
- The chance of experiencing the greatest show on earth, the Aurora Borealis aka Northern Lights.
- Dates: October 1-11, 2019
- Optional Sicily Extension October 11-16
- See Link for updates, plus international airfare
- Limited to 12 participants to optimize your photographic experience
- Explore and photograph on foot in the historic city center of Naples, with its rich tapestry of history depicted in its architecture, ruins of Herculeum, and sunset photography of Mt. Vesuvius.
- Accommodations with beautiful views from Sorrento and Amalfi. Photograph the islands on a day trip to Ischia and Procida.
- Photograph in various hill towns along the Amalfi Coast such as Positano, Atrani, and Raito. Sunset photography at the Greek ruins of Paestrum.
- Optional Sicily Extension with views of Mt. Etna, off the beaten path hill towns of the honey-gold baroque UNESCO world heritage site of Noto and charming hill town of Ragusa, and Ortigia the finest least spoiled old town of Siracusa, with its resonances of light, stone, and sea.
To obtain detailed itineraries, call 607-756-8676 or visit the website.