Updated March 10, 2021
Houston Audubon sanctuaries are open to the public. In our effort to open responsibly, access to restrooms and other facilities may be limited - please see below for information specific to each location. Please be mindful that Houston Audubon trails are narrower than many state and federal parks. Visitors are required to adhere to social distancing practices and use face masks to reduce the chances of coronavirus transmission.
- Wash hands frequently
- Be especially conscious of your proximity to others while visiting or birding
- Avoid contact -- it is important that we don't touch or stand too close to one another
- Avoid gathering in groups or crowds- it is important to maintain social distancing of 6 feet when standing around
- Disinfect your binoculars and spotting scopes before and after your visit
- Do not share binoculars or spotting scope
- Pack your own soap and hand sanitizer as a backup supply should you need it
- If you have been sick in the last two weeks, please stay at home for your health and the safety of others
Please visit the Sanctuary Page for general visitor information.
Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary - Open daily from 7 am to 7 pm daily except for Tuesdays. On Tuesdays, the sanctuary will open at 12:30 pm to allow volunteers to work on maintenance and upkeep. Restrooms are closed. The only entrance is at the sanctuary's east gate in the Memorial Drive United Methodist Church parking lot. The gate is at the west end of the church's west parking lot. Parking is available in the church parking lot.
- The Natives Nursery is open for business. Orders may be placed online and picked up curbside on Fridays.
Raptor and Education Center - Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm. In order to maintain social distancing while groups are on site, we ask that you call ahead to schedule your visit. Restrooms are open and sanitized regularly.
High Island Sanctuaries - Open daily from 7 am to 7 pm. Restrooms are open and sanitized regularly. We are planning for a 2021 Spring Migration with masks required at the kiosks and adjusted photo blind reservations.