Log Cabin Event Rentals
The 1932 Moore Log Cabin is a State Historic Landmark surrounded by the Edith Moore Nature Sanctuary’s eighteen acre hardwood forest on Rummel Creek. Houston Audubon offers the use of the cabin and surrounding gardens for your special event. The cabin provides a cherished space to host your gathering where guests can enjoy the quiet and beauty of nature, hidden away within west Houston.
Event Rental Highlights
- Quiet, natural setting for events such as family gatherings, board retreats, dinner parties and small weddings
- Rental Hours: 8 AM to 10 PM – weekdays /
- 8 AM to 11 PM – weekends
- Cabin deck and gardens provide great space for acoustic music
- Limited onsite parking; valet service recommended to satellite parking areas
- Nature-based, rustic, environmentally friendly decorations are well suited for the cabin and grounds
- Staff Host for event
- Private use of cabin interior:
Great Room: 370 sq.ft
Outdoor Deck: 600 sq.ft.
Covered Porches: 680 sq.ft.
- Use of cabin’s surrounding gardens and Wilchester parking lot
- Adjoining restroom (open to public) and private bridal changing area
- Eight folding rectangular tables, two wooden tables, and 40 folding chairs
- Central AC and heat in cabin
- Use of prep area and upstairs loft (fridge, freezer, sink and dressing\setup area)
- Access to sanctuary grounds and trails (open to public)
- TABC licensed bartender required for alcoholic beverages (No sale or tipping)
- Smart TV, laptop, PA system and speakers
Find Out More
- Fill out our convenient form to begin the reservation process and we will contact you soon.
|Fee Schedule||40 max attendees||41-100 max attendees|
|Meetings and Parties*|
|Up to 4 hours||$500||$750|
|Ceremony Only (no food). Up to 3 hours.||$1,000||$1,500|
|Ceremony & Reception. Up to 6 hours.||$1,700||$2,250|
|Closure of Central ELM Nature Sanctuary (from Fondren Bridge to Wilchester Lot). Up to 8 hours.||$3,500||$3,500|
|Closure of Entire 18-acre ELM Nature Sanctuary. Up to 8 hours.||$5,000||$5,000|
*20% discount available for non-profit organizations
Wedding Rehearsals are scheduled separately - $200 fee for up to 2-hours.
Guided Sanctuary Tours (ideal during transition time) - $100 fee.
Portrait Photography – additional fee if outside of event time.
TULIP policy fee - $125 per event.
Fifty percent deposit of full payment is due the day we reserve your event, payable to Houston Audubon - credit, check or cash. Full payment is due 30 days before your event. A reservation is not official until all required paperwork is completed and approved by Houston Audubon, and the deposit paid in full.