If you're interested in volunteering, please fill out our volunteer application:
or call Juanita Perkins at 713-932-1639, email@example.com.
|New Volunteer Orientation
Saturday, September 24, 1-4 PM
Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary
RSVP to Juanita at
Work in the Woods with Us! Conserve Nature! Learn New Things!
Volunteer Opportunities include:
habitat restoration at HA Sanctuaries, leading children's programs as a docent, High Island Spring Migration, festivals & outreach booths, annual gala & fundraising, and more!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Houston Audubon. Each one helps make our mission of the conservation of birds and wildlife habitat come alive! Some of the ways you can help:
Community Relations/Development Volunteers
- Assist with fundraising and donor events
- Contribute to social media postings
- Write press releases
- High Island Workdays
- Planting Events
- Coastal Prairie Restoration
- Bolivar Beach Clean-ups
- High Island Spring Kiosk Volunteers
- Beach Nesting Monitor and Steward
Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary Volunteers
Audubon Docents: youth and family programs
- Tuesday Trail Crew
- Houston Audubon office: administrative tasks, library, greeting visitors, and answering birding questions, special events.
Sims Bayou Urban Nature Center Volunteers
- Assist the Houston Audubon education team with programs both at Sims and outreach programs.
- Sims Nature Store
- Sims Gardens
Festival and Booth Volunteers
- Houston Audubon is constantly in demand at nature festivals and events throughout the Upper Texas Coast. A few hours of your time can make a big difference.
- Calling all birders! Help is needed for bird counts, surveys, and field trips.
Houston Audubon welcomes your group's participation at our sanctuaries! Schools, churches, scout troops, corporations, and community agencies are key partners in achieving our mission of conservation, and habitat protection. If you are interested in your group working with us, please complete a group volunteer request form. Volunteer Coordinator Juanita Perkins will contact you after your request is received. Generally, two months lead time and funding support are needed to develop a project. Note: Small groups and families are also welcome to join us for our regularly scheduled Workdays. Corporate groups should contact Julie Gold at firstname.lastname@example.org, 713-932-1639.
Bolivar Restoration Planting Event
High Island Kiosk
Audubon Docent leading a tour
Mary Anne Weber at NatureFest