Links for Kids
- Birding 101 - On the Houston Wilderness web site. A great guide for beginning bird watchers.
- Bird IQ - Fun facts about birds.
- Birds and Their Songs - Part of the award-winning "Ask a Biologist" section of the Arizona State University web site. Great teaching resource for students K-12, their teachers and parents.
- Crane Cam - Witness a million Sandhill Cranes on Nebraska's Platte River. Part of the National Georgraphic web site, this special section on cranes has an area just for kids and cranes.
- Falcon Cam - Watch a pair of Peregrine Falcons in Cleveland Ohio as they go about their nesting activities. A picture is taken each hour.
- KidWings - This site was designed to teach young and old about the wonders of birds. The most exciting part of the site is the Virtual Owl Pellet Dissection. Many interactive activities await you.
- Mission: Migration - Play an interactive bird migration game on this New York Audubon site.
- Migratory Birds - Learn all about migratory birds in this site prepared by the National Park Service. It also has excellent links to other sites.
- National Schoolyard Birding Challenge - A monthly bird watching contest open to students in all public and private schools in the United States. Part of the Fledgling Birders program.
- Nest Box Cam - Part of the Birdhouse Network, sponsored by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Features different cavity-nesting birds, such as Barn Owls and Bluebirds.
- The Owl Pages - Anything and everything you ever wanted to know about owls.
- OwlCam - Pictures from several years of nesting seasons for a family of Barred Owls in Massachusetts.
- GoCityKids - Guide to Houston for parents with everything kid-oriented.
- Outdoor Kid's Network - Learn about bats, snakes, and other Texas wildlife at this Texas Parks and Wildlife site. Discover how to become an official Outdoor Kid!
- Children's Butterfly Site - USGS butterfly site for children with coloring pages, life cycle information, frequently asked questions, lots of resources and the site can be translated into 5 different languages.